Thursday, October 16, 2008

Is it winter yet? (hee hee)



I had a lot (an embarrassing amount) of extra winter fabric, so I made quilts for both of the kids to keep in the play room. They keep dragging their bed blankets down from their beds to make forts or have blanket picnics, so I decided to make ones they could keep there.

So after I made the quilts I had a lot of extra fleece (that is from the back of the quilt) and I decided to make them some scarves. I don't know why, but they both LOVE scarves. In fact, they have been wearing them for the past hour and a half inside the house. My 2 year old keeps asking me if it is going to snow. :)

The scarves were so easy. I remember reading about how to make them, but I can't remember where that was in order to add the link or if it was from the magazine. Anyways, I used about a 5 foot X 1 foot piece of fleece and put the 2 long sides together and sewed it up and turned it inside out. Then I sewed about 6 inches across both ends and cut the fringe. Sooooo easy. Or should I say sew easy. HA! That was bad, I know.

No comments: