Sunday, October 26, 2008

Monkey Bread with my Monkeys!!





About once a month we make monkey bread on Sunday mornings. It is fun to make with the kids, but it is in no way good for you. WE LOVE IT! A friend of mine gave me her recipe a couple of years ago and I am almost ashamed at how easy it is to make. The kids love to help making it.

Ingredients:
2 tubes of ready made biscuit dough (I use the 16.3 oz Grands)
1 of a cup of sugar
4 Tablespoons of cinnamon
1 stick of butter

I have changed the original recipe slightly, but it is definitely delicious! I mix the sugar and cinnamon in a bowl. I cut each biscuit into 4 and roll them into a ball and roll completely in the cinnamon sugar mixture. Then I toss it into a tube pan that has been sprayed with Pam. After I have one layer covering the bottom of the pan, I sprinkle with a little more cinnamon sugar. Then I finish rolling the dough and when all of it is done I sprinkle a little more cinnamon sugar and then melt a stick of butter and pur it in the remaining cinnamom sugar mixture. I stir it up completely and then pour it over the dough in the pan. Then it goes in a 350 degree oven for about 30-35 minutes. It makes the house smell GREAT!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love that monkey bread. I made the same changes you did with the sugar and cinnamon mixture. I don't roll them in a ball, I make it even easier! :)

The Lazy Girl Fitness said...

Thanks Cathy! We all thank you for your recipe!!!