Saturday, November 29, 2008

O' Christmas Tree


We put up all of our Christmas decorations yesterday and decorated our Christmas tree. Today my husband put the Christmas lights on the outside of the house. SOmethng seemed to be missing from the middle of our kitchen table, until I came across this.

This was a lot of fun to make!! It took about an hour (not including the 20 minutes it took me to run to Michael's to get the styrofoam cones). :)

I took 3 different sizes of styrofoam cones and covered them in felt. I didn't even glue it because I was using pins to put the "ornaments" on. I used glittery pipe cleaners as garland and used pins to keep them on the tree at the beginning and end of the garland. Then we (my daughter and I) decorated one tree with pom poms, one with sequins and the other with buttons. Lastly, we used yellow foam and a toothpicks to put the star on the top of the tree. Then in my craziness, I covered a plate with batting and set the trees on it so it looked like snow TA DA!! Have I mentioned how much I LOVE LOVE LOVE this season???

1 comment:

jennwa said...

Those look great.

I love your blog!!!