Friday, December 12, 2008

A Gingerbread Street!






I was bound and determined to make a gingerbread house this year, but it looks like it got a little out of control. I have never made one before from scratch and really wanted to make one (darn you gingerbread house competition on the Food Network!!). I must admit that I was more than a little intimidated, but I can't believe how easy and HOW MUCH FUN it was to put together. I used the directions here and it couldn't have been easier. In the recipe there is enough dough to make at least 2 houses and 8 gingerbread men. While I was putting the houses together, the kids used ice cream cones, royal icing and Mike and Ikes to make trees for our little neighborhood. Then we all decorated the houses. SO MUCH FUN!!! I highly recommend it!

No comments: