Saturday, January 10, 2009

Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies


Most of this recipe is from Martha Stewart. I added chocolate chips because our family LOVES all things peanut putter and chocolate. You could very easily leave out the chips and put the cute little fork marks on the top and sprinkle them with sugar...makes my mouth water just thinking about it.

1 cup creamy peanut butter
1 cup butter
1 cup sugar
1 cup brown sugar
2 eggs
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 1/2 cups flour
about 2 cups of chocolate chips (more if we are feeling crazy)

We usually do this in our standing mixer and just start tossing things in. We put the first 4 ingredients in first and mix it until smooth. Then we add the eggs, baking soda and baking powder and mix a little more. Then we put the flour in and mix it. We stir in the chocolate chips by hand.

refrigerate for 4 hours (this is VERY hard)
roll dough into 2 inch balls--i use a 2 inch ice cream scoop
bake at 350 degrees for 18 minutes

Delicious!!!

3 comments:

Becky Sue said...

ohhh yum!! me want some NOW!

Send flowers to Korea said...

Nice effort, very informative, this will help me to complete my task.

Canada flower shops said...

I found so many interesting stuff in your blog especially its discussion. From the tons of comments on your articles, I guess I am not the only one having all the enjoyment here! Keep up the good work.